RECENT TAXI ENFORCEMENT ACTIONS
The Department of Code Enforcement regularly receives complaints from citizens and from within the industry. Serious complaints may result in a hearing to suspend or revoke the driver’s operator license and/or the taxi vehicle license.
Below are the names of several drivers that have been the subject of suspension or revocation.
Taxi activity by these drivers is considered unlicensed and should be reported to:
Licensing at 327-TAXI or email@example.com
• 9/5/2012: Kalif Warsame – 30 Day suspension and required medical evaluation for endangering passengers.
• 9/5/2012: Getnet Yilma – 20 Day licenses suspension for discouraging a credit card
• 8/21/2012: Oluwaranmilowo Akinfisoye – 20 Day suspension for discouraging credit card and not having his license displayed inside the taxicab
• 4/17/2012: Mamady Mansare – 45 Day suspension for arguing over meter rate and minor injury to passenger
• 4/10/2012: Yellow Taxi of Noblesville – Issued Tickets for Unlicensed taxi Company, Driver, and Vehicle
• 4/10/2012: Red Carpet Taxi – Issued Tickets for Unlicensed taxi Company, Driver, and Vehicle
• 3/15/2012: Theowdros Melku – License suspended for 7 days for discouraging use of credit card
• 11/15/2011: Mamady Mansare – 35 day suspension for refusal of credit card
• 10/4/2011: Abdirizak Dire – 20 day suspension for driving a taxi cab with a suspended Driver’s License
• 9/14/2011: Abdeliah Shaimi – 3 day suspension for overcharge on a credit card. Ordered to pay costs of hearing
• 7/28/2011: Haile Tensae – Denied application for taxi operator license
• 7/26/2011: Four (4) citations written to taxis parked at downtown taxi stands for condition of the vehicles. One (1) citation written for Driver dress code violation. One (1) ticket written for a vehicle that did not have a credit card processor inside the vehicle
• 7/15/2011: Khaled M. El Shazly - 10 day suspension for violations discouraging use of a credit card and discouraging payment of a downtown regional fare. Ordered to pay costs of hearing
• 5/10/2011: Hussein Ahmed, Yusuf Mohamed, Abdi Ahmed, Mohamed Hersi, Mohamed Warsamey - Taxi Operator Licenses suspended until resolution of criminal charges