Taxi Operator License Requirements
Application Requirements for Taxi Operator License
In order to apply for an application to operate a cab or jitney in the City of Indianapolis and Marion County, you must have the following:
· A valid Commercial Driver License (CDL) or a Public Passenger Chauffeur License (PPC)
· A letter of intent from the taxi company for which you intend to work.
· $8.00 certified copy of your driving record from the Bureau of Motor Vehicles. This record can only be obtained from 531 Virginia Ave (this record may not be older than 10 days).
· Two passport-sized photos
· Proof of residence in Marion County, or any of the seven surrounding counties, for the past 12 months.
· A copy of your Social Security card or your Work Authorization card.
· $32.25 money order payable to the Indiana State Police. OR
· Applicants may use Inkless fingerprinting offered by www.l1enrollment.com. The Inkless fee of $43.20 can be paid at an Inkless service location and does not have to be a money order.
· $10.00 cash or money order payable to the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department. (NOT REQUIRED IF USING INKLESS OPTION)
· $59.00 cash, check, credit card or money order payable to the City of Indianapolis.
TAXI OPERATOR LICENSES ARE VALID FOR ONE YEAR FROM THE DATE OF ISSUANCE.
YOU MAY NOT RECEIVE A TAXI OPERATOR'S LICENSE IF:
· You have EVER been convicted of battery or any type of violence toward another person; or
· You have been convicted of a FELONY in the last five (5) years. You may apply after a five (5) year period has passed from the conviction date; or
· You have been convicted of a DUI or DWI in the last ten (10) years (you may apply after a ten (10) year period has passed from the conviction date).
· If you have been CONVICTED TWO OR MORE TIMES of a DUI or DWI at any time during your lifetime you may not receive a Taxi Operator’s License.
· You owe any taxes to the City of Indianapolis, Marion County, or the state of Indiana. Per Sections 996-22(a) and 801-202 (4) of the Revised Code for the City of Indianapolis and Marion County
* If you are a new driver, (who does not drive for Yellow Cab) you must complete a training course. You will need a money order for $100.00 payable to Danco & Associates to take with you to the class. After you have finished the class, Danco will fax us a copy of your Class Certificate so that you may receive your license. Please call (317) 353-1498 if you have any questions about the training.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE COMPLETED IN OUR OFFICE AND APPLICANTS SHOULD ARRIVE NO LATER THAN 2:30 PM