The City's ToxDrop program is open to small businesses located in Marion County that meet certain conditions. Businesses generating small quantities (generally less than 220 pounds or 30 gallons) of hazardous waste each month may qualify to take part in this program.
To participate, businesses must be located and generate the waste material in Marion County. All waste disposal requests will be reviewed by the ToxDrop Small Business Program prior to approval. Once approved, an appointment will be scheduled. Collected waste is disposed of through U.S. Environmental Protection Agency approved disposal methods.
The ToxDrop Program offers our Small Business Program as a service to Minority/Women/Veteran Business Enterprises (M/W/VBE's) within Marion County. Any small quantity generating M/W/VBE registered on the city's vendor list is eligible to participate in the ToxDrop Small Business Program. For more information on how to become registered with the City of Indianapolis as an M/W/VBE vendor, please click here.
The following conditions must be met in order for a waste disposal appointment to be considered:1. Applicants must complete, sign and return the verification form(s).Small Business Application (printable)
MWVBE Application (printable)
2. Applicants must provide material safety data sheets (MSDS) for all wastes listed on the form at the time of submittal of the application. MSDSs can be obtained by contacting the manufacturer and/or pulled from an online database. MSDSs are not required for electronic devices. Click here for a sample MSDS. Please note: MSDSs may differ in appearance from manufacturer to manufacturer, but the content should be similar.
3. An M/W/VBE must provide a copy of their M/W/VBE vendor certificate, issued by the City of Indianapolis, at the time of submittal of the application.
4. Participants are limited to one visit per calendar quarter and may dispose up to 50 gallons of liquid waste and/or 100 pounds of dry material per calendar quarter; or if disposing of electronics, up to ten (10) computer systems per calendar quarter. a. M/W/VBE's are limited to one visit per calendar quarter and may dispose of up to 75 gallons of liquid waste and/or 125 pounds of dry material per calendar quarter; or, if disposing of electronics, up to fifteen (15) computer systems per calendar quarter.
4. The ToxDrop Small Business Program committee can take up to 15 working days or more to accept or deny a disposal request.
5. Participants will be notified of the committee's decision and, if accepted, an appointment date will be scheduled. Waste will only be accepted at the Belmont Avenue Collection Facility located at 2700 S. Belmont Ave.
If you are interested in participating in the ToxDrop Small Business program, please submit the correct form to The ToxDrop Program. Waste will not be accepted from businesses that do not follow the above conditions. For more information, please call (317) 327-2234.