Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content

City Prosecutors



How do I pay a parking citation? For more information on how to pay a parking citation, please visit: http://www.indy.gov/eGov/City/OCC/CityPros/Parking/Pages/home.aspx.

How do I dispute a parking ticket? For more information on how to dispute a parking citation, please visit http://www.indy.gov/eGov/City/OCC/CityPros/Parking/Pages/home.aspx.

What is the most commonly issued parking ticket? Expired meters.

How do I report a malfunctioning or broken parking meter? For technical assistance or to report a meter malfunction, please call 317-524-2247.

Who do I contact if my car is towed? If your vehicle was towed, contact Auto Return at 317-308-4479.

What is the difference between a parking ticket and a traffic ticket? Parking tickets are issued to the license plate on the car. A traffic ticket is issued to the driver of the vehicle. For more information about traffic tickets, please visit http://www.indy.gov/eGov/Courts/Superior/Pages/Traffic-Division.aspx.

Who do I contact about an abandoned vehicle? Please report any abandoned vehicles by calling the Mayor's Action Center (MAC) at 317-327-4622.


Is there a leash law for animals in the city? Yes. Please refer to Article IV, §§ 531-102, 531-101 and 531-401 of the Revised Code of the Consolidated City and County Indianapolis/Marion County. For further information visit the Indianapolis Animal Care & Control website, www.indy.gov/eGov/City/DPS/ACCD.

How often do I have to have my pet vaccinated against rabies? Antirabies vaccinations are required for dogs and cats. Each dog and cat over the age of 3 months that is kept in the city shall have current rabies vaccination.


Note: The Revised Code is published by the Municipal Code Corporation, which maintains and updates the code on its Web site.