Frequently Asked Questions
Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content

City Prosecutors

Frequently Asked Questions on Pre-Payable Citations


How do I pay a parking citation? For more information on how to pay a parking citation, please visit:

How do I dispute a parking ticket? For more information on how to dispute a parking citation, please visit

What is the most commonly issued parking ticket? Expired meters.

How do I report a malfunctioning or broken parking meter? For technical assistance or to report a meter malfunction, please call 317-524-2247.

Who do I contact if my car is towed? If your vehicle was towed, contact Auto Return at 317-308-4479.

What is the difference between a parking ticket and a traffic ticket? Parking tickets are issued to the license plate on the car. A traffic ticket is issued to the driver of the vehicle. For more information about traffic tickets, please visit

Who do I contact about an abandoned vehicle? Please report any abandoned vehicles by calling the Mayor's Action Center (MAC) at 317-327-4622.